Churros Recipe Method
- Mix quickly with wooden spoon to form soft dough.
- Remove from heat when thick and not sticking to pan.
- Beat in the egg until smooth.
- Leave to cool slightly.
- Spoon into a Piping bag with a large pastry nozzle.
- Pipe long lengths into hot, deep oil, in an electric deep fat fryer.
- Here is our favorite
- Fry until golden brown.
- Carefully remove and leave to cool slightly.
- Cut into random lengths of about 4 “/10 cm and dredge with sugar.
- Serve with our Chocolate Sauce.
Chocolate for Churro Dunking
- 110g/4oz dark chocolate
- 2 cups/16fl oz double cream
- 1 tbsp cornstarch/cornflour
- 4 tbsps sugar